- Familiarise specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines.
- Plan a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications.
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate a large number of parts.
- Monitor the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
- Minimum SPM/O level or equivalent.
- Proven experience as CNC Programmer.
- Excel in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
- Computer savvy with a basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM.
- Good attitude and teamwork