- Position title: Senior Supply Planner.
- Salary: RM 5000-6000.
- Location: Klang
Our client is a MNC global leading suppliers of paints and coatings and specialty materials and chemicals. They are one of largest coating manufacturer in the world, providing coatings and coating intermediates to a wide variety of consumers. In Malaysia, their production plants are based at Klang area. The business has maintained a competitive edge through developing their portfolio and adapting swift to customer needs and demands which has a number of implications for Demand Planning. Currently there is an opportunity for a senior Supply Planner to join their operations team at their manufacturing facilities at Klang. About the job
The key focus of the role is the day to day management of raw materials and finished good purchases, ensuring an uninterrupted supply of materials to the production at the factory. The position will also review operational cost improvement opportunities across the manufacturing facilities. This would ensure a consistent flow of raw materials into the plant,maximizing efficiency and utilizing lean principles within the MRP environment.
This position serves as a contact between various elements of the supply chain by forecasting supply and demand for products. As the senior Supply Planner, you will be managing the demand planning process for the Malaysian operation. You will be working cross functionality across the business with key global functions, including supply chain , Operations, Commercial, and Finance to drive demand planning best practices. Key duties:
Skills & experience required
- Plan and prepare production schedule by drawing up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet, shipping dates according to sales forecast or customer orders or project requirements.
- Analyse production specifications and machine capacity data to match with a type of product and perform mathematical calculations to determine shipping schedule.
- Analyze inventory,managing slow-moving and obsolete stock, adjust order quantities,review,recommend and drive material substitution.
- Function as a key member of platform and business teams providing supply status while facilitating effective communication between supply chain, sales/marketing,manufacturing,customer service,purchasing and all related support function.
- Order fulfillment tracking with timely feedback to customer service.
- Report and review daily production and delivery performance metrics with supervisor and next step/gap closure to drive performance improvement.
- Maintain master plan and all reporting data accurately and integrity within system.
- Assist with performing a variety of internal projects,cost saving projects, professional guidance and information.
- Ensure that supply chain planning operations and support are aligned with Supply Chain, Business and company goals and objectives.
To be successful in this role, you will have worked in a manufacturing environment and have an understanding of MRP and inventory management principles and systems. You will be highly organised and efficient in your planning ability, numerate, and able to manage multiple competing priorities. You will have a strong analytical ability and an interest in to learn a range of areas within the supply chain area.
- Diploma/Degree in Supply Chain /Operations Management, Business Administration or Statistics.
- Minimum 3 years of Supply/Demand or Supply Chain experience in manufacturing environment.
- Strong PC skills and Microsoft Officer applications.
- Oracle user-inventory and/or Planner preferred.
- Good knowledge of applying a basic understanding of planning, forecasting, and supply chain software.
- Required to analyze a variety of data and developing reports.
- Proficient in English,spoken and written.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?