This is a business development role that requires the candidate to develop and convert Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) leads for startups. The successful candidate will be a marketeer and business development professional who will have the opportunity to form partnerships with global communities, business chambers and export government agencies in order to harness inbound leads. He/she will be key in leading the inbound strategy development, conducting market access research and implementing the programs while working collaboratively with other MDEC divisions, GED departments and external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing the foreign direct investment (FDI) strategy that leverages off MDEC partnerships and other relevant IPAs such as MIDA, that is able to harness long term inbound leads in order to promote Malaysia as a tech startup hub.
- Identify and develop regional/global partnerships with e.g. foreign trade agencies, business chambers, startup communities, investors, accelerators etc that are motivated or can be motivated to help MDEC with funnelling inbound leads.
- Work with the other GED departments in developing a marketing strategy that will strengthen Malaysia’s position as a regional expansion hub for Southeast Asia that targets startups and tech entrepreneurs.
- Work with the GED Amplification team, Strategy & Planning unit and Corporate Affairs to develop marketing collaterals that are relevant and updated in order to promote MDEC initiatives, Malaysia Digital Hub programs and other startup ecosystem initiatives.
- Work with GED Amplification team to structure industry-specific content for various communication tools (eg publications, internet, mailings, press, customer presentations, social media platforms and webinars).
- Maintain the database of inbound leads in an organised structure.
- Prepare an event calendar consisting of events, gatherings and other occasions for GED’s outreach efforts to be shared with the relevant units within GED or other divisions within MDEC.
- Assist in managing budget utilisation for inbound activities and ensure that every expenditure is justified with outcomes that are inline with the MDEC corporate and GED divisional KPIs.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the scope, deliverable and programs of all units under the GED division as well as other divisions in MDEC and proactively provide support in order to achieve MDEC’s corporate goals.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Economics/ IT/Engineering/Marketing/Management or related fields
Perks & Benefits
- Fixed Allowance for managerial level (petrol & car allowances)
- Flex-time, Flex-place, Flex-benefit
- Education support
- Casual dress code
- Medical coverage
- Dental & Optical
- Annual leave
- Free parking