This is a business development managerial role that requires the candidate to develop and implement market access strategies and programs for Malaysian based tech startups. The successful candidate will be a marketeer and business development expert who will have the opportunity to form partnerships with regional and global communities, foreign IPAs, business chambers and trade agencies in order to extend MDEC’s business network to facilitate ease of market expansion. He/she will lead outbound market access strategy development, conduct market access research and implement the programs while working collaboratively with other MDEC divisions, GED departments and external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop outbound market access strategy that leverages off MDEC business network, relevant trade agencies such as MATRADE, foreign IPAs and business partners in order to build platforms to assist Malaysian-based startups to penetrate regional (Southeast Asia) and global markets.
- Identify and develop regional/global partnerships (e.g. startup community builders, investors, accelerators, IPAs, business chambers etc) that are motivated or can be motivated to assist in accelerating Malaysia Digital Hub’s community to expand into foreign markets.
- Work with the other GED departments to contribute to the development of marketing strategy that will strengthen Malaysia’s position as a regional expansion hub for Southeast Asia that targets startups and tech entrepreneurs.
- Work with the GED Amplification team, Strategy & Planning unit and Corporate Affairs to contribute in developing marketing collaterals that are relevant and updated in order to promote MDEC initiatives, Malaysia Digital Hub programs and other startup ecosystem initiatives.
- Work with GED Amplification team to structure industry-specific content for various communication tools (e.g. publications, internet, mailings, press, customer presentations, social media platforms and webinars).
- Maintain the database of outbound leads, partners and participating companies in an organised structure.
- Prepare an event calendar consisting of events, gatherings and other occasions for GED’s market access efforts to be shared with the relevant units within GED or other divisions within MDEC.
- Manage budget utilisation for outbound market access activities and ensure that every expenditure is justified with outcomes that are inline with the MDEC corporate and GED divisional KPIs.
- Manage the performance and morale of the outbound unit team members by providing development structure and to act as a coach to enhance individual performance.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the scope, deliverable and programs of all units under the GED division as well as other divisions in MDEC and proactively provide support in order to achieve MDEC’s corporate goals.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Economics/ IT/Engineering/Marketing/Management or related fields
Perks & Benefits
- Fixed Allowance for managerial level (petrol & car allowances)
- Flex-time, Flex-place, Flex-benefit
- Education support
- Casual dress code
- Medical coverage
- Dental & Optical
- Annual leave
- Free parking