- Setup and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements.
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
- Manage repairs aiming for maximum reliability.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems.
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components.
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery.
- Offer consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users.
- Undertake other duties as assigned
- Document logs of work and report on issues.
- Setup automation for each production run
- Setup pre-production sample for QA inspector to perform buyoff
- Ensure quality products are produced during production run
- Ensure each production run according to cycle time set by management
- Inspect machine condition and product quality
- Proven experience as Mechanic; at least 2 years experience in plastic injection moulding machine setup
- Strong knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components.
- Skilled in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers).
- Knowledge of robotics, hydraulic and electric skills
- Able to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
- A solid commitment to all health and safety guidelines.
- Very good communication and interpretation skills.
- Team player with good attitude and strong work ethics
- Excellent physical strength and stamina.
- Minimum SPM/O level or equivalent; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus.
- Valid certification (e.g ASE) is preferred.
- Must be able to run shifts
- Able to work overtime if necessary
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?