- Planning, sourcing and recommending suitable materials, products, goods and services in accordance with desired purchase conditions
- Cost-conscious, compare and analyze the pricing, quality, performance of the supplier To monitor pricing movement of all material
- Oversees the cost structure of producing finished goods with the overall objective of maximizing profitability while minimizing waste.
- Perform and undertake any ad-hoc duties as assigned by your superior or management
- Deal with suppliers and maintain legal interaction with them
- Liaison with other departments, particularly accounting, manufacturing and packing departments
- Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions to suppliers in order to order materials and goods
- Review raw materials and orders as required
- Track status of any order; Ensure suppliers invoices are sent to accounts for payments
- Keep track of quantity and amount which had been applied for exmeption in C1 or C5 of SST system, reapply when necessary
- Analyze and develop cost control strategies to minimize wastages and address all cost related issues
- Manage and ensure efficient running of daily operations for cost control, receiving and store functions
- Prepare daily cost report and take appropriate measures for any discrepancies/abnormalities
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided to determine effects on cost and suggest to re-quote selling price when necessary
- Estimate new and proposed product costs and produce report to manager for quoting purpose
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products
- Familiar with every products available and its cost
- Candidate must possess at least SPM or Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Purchasing/Inventory/Material & Warehouse Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Good command in written and oral of English, Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin
- At least 2 Year(s) of working experience in the related field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Good team player who is independent, sell-driven, resourceful
- Able to multi-task and work within a tight deadline, well-organized
- Strong cost system background and excellent analytical skills