Senior School: History Teacher
We are seeking dynamic educators, open-minded and dedicated individuals to join our collaborative community of professionals.
Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Professional Degree in History or related field from a recognised academic institution.
Preference will be given to candidate with Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate in Education PGDE/PGCE) or equivalent.
As a Teacher of History, you will deliver outstanding teaching and learning which will help your students achieve excellent academic results. A minimum of 3 years relevant teaching experience is preferred; experience gained in an international school and/or internationally, are highly desirable. Teaching of History at IGCSE level would be an advantage.
1. Knowledge and experience of Cambridge Education or the National Curriculum or openness and interest to develop this.
2. Must have at least 4 years teaching experience, having taught IGCSE would be an advantage.
3. Up to at least two sessions of CIE face to face subject training would be an advantage
4. Successful evidence of differentiated lesson delivery to students with a wide range of needs
5. Experience of working with students aged 11 - 16
6. Successful experience of managing an effective classroom environment to support pupil learning and positive behavior and improving student attainment
7. Proven ability to use ICT and new technologies to enhance the quality of teaching and learning for all students as well as in the organisation and management of their role
8. Evidence of responsible, effective and motivated tutoring skills.
● To teach according to the timetable for the current year, ensuring that lessons are planned, ordered and effective
● To be aware of the need to differentiate work and challenges according to the ability of the pupils, whilst maintaining high expectations of all and taking full account of any linguistic or other special needs
● To work as part of a team, in harmony with and for the furtherance of the School’s ethos and declared educational aims and priorities
● To be supportive of the department’s aims, agreed teaching styles, methods of assessment and other policies
● Communicate regularly with the parents about the progress of the student.
●To provide parents with written reports on their children’s work and progress according to current School policy and to attend parent-teacher meetings
● Support learners to set their own goals and objectives by promoting independent learning
●To facilitate the development of pupils’ confidence, self-esteem, determination, responsibility and personal pride in achievement, behaviour and appearance
● To establish and maintain high standards of communication with pupils, staff and parents
● To take an interest in how the School functions and to convey suggestions for improvement to the Head of Department, Senior Management Team and Master from time to time.
● Engage in personal learning and professional development, seeking feedback from others to improve teaching and learning strategies.
To provide professional leadership and management of all aspects of History at Key Stage 3 & 4
· To be accountable for high quality teaching and learning
· To manage resources efficiently and effectively
· To improve standards of teaching and learning for all pupils within the Key Stage.
Proficiency in the English language.
Attitude and Character:
Must have an international mind set for lifelong learning, committed, enthusiastic, ethical
Must possess the following qualities:
Leadership, strong organisational culture, technology skills and a team player
skills, team player, flexibility
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Flexible working hours
- Free Breakfast / Lunch
- Regular team activities
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture