- To support existing products to further improve reliability while maintaining competitiveness.
- To provide solutions to overcome motion control challenges in improving machine performance specs.
- To establish control hardware design guidelines and design rules.
- To participate in all phases of engineering projects, including design, testing, system integration, support and documentation.
- To participate as a member of project team in design reviews.
- Supports production activities including analysis, problem solving, implementing product improvements, training and documenting changes.
- Maintain bill of material for project, design and relevant documentation.
- Designs electrical systems which may include printed circuit boards to provide control functions and component interfacing to products.
- Electrical and pneumatic hardware schematics design linked to panel layouts, cable and air tube designations, I/O assignment and terminal references.
- Source for materials, test, characterize and optimize their performance.
- Any task that may be assigned from time to time.
- Travel local/oversea to support customers.
- Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or relevant qualifications.
- Familiarity in programming for PLC (Programmable logic Controllers) and Micro-Controller.
- Knowledge in design of electronics digital/analog circuit and electrical distribution board.
- Proficient in one of the design tools, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk AutoCAD and Design Spark PCB.
- Ability to work with team members or independently on projects.
- Ability to specify and source components such as motion control hardware, computers, communication modules and temperature controllers.
- Ability to work under pressure & challenging tasks.
- Ability to work during weekends and evening hours as needed.
- Well-versed in theory and practical, exposure in automation or semiconductor industry is an advantage.
- Knowledge in motion control technologies and mechanical drive train design including the application of servo/stepper motors & pneumatics.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing products for the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.