- Company Name: Newict Sdn Bhd
- Location: Penang
- Experience: 5 - 8 Years
- Keywords / Skills: C#, XAML, Xamarin, LINQ, SQLite, NoSQL, Android, IOS, Microsoft, Azure, Amazon, OOP
- Education: Bachelors/ Degree, Masters/ Post Graduate
- Function: IT
- Role: Software Engineer/Programmer
- Industry: IT/Computers - Software
Founded in 1995. Formerly known as Intelligent Control Technology (M) Sdn Bhd. Upon receiving MSC Status in 2006, Intelligent Control Technology (M) Sdn Bhd was restructured as Newict (M) Sdn Bhd for its R&D activities and Newict Marketing for its sales and marketing activities.
Here is how the story begins ...
No one knew just how much influence the Integrated Circuit (IC) would affect our lives. In fact, almost all household equipment in our homes today - TV's, radio's, HI-FI Audio systems and washing machines, just to name a few, are controlled by such a device. Microcontrollers. The people who design and program intelligence into these chips are dedicated specialists in their field, they lead the way to the future of smart home system and intelligent product design.
Leading but not following
Hence in 1995, our company was formed to provide consultancy services in microcontroller applications, consumer product design and manufacturing support with an umbrella of factories in different areas of technical capabilities to meet our clients' manufacturing and engineering needs.
In 1999, our company ventured into the realm of intelligent home product design. And in 2000 released its first generation of multi media intelligent home series that truly enhances the experience of total control for audiophiles and movie buffs. Thus, giving them total control of their audio equipment, home theatre system, TV, satellites, air-conditioning, ventilation and even their lighting systems at their fingertips. As for the die hard romantics, the intelligent home series provide them with the means to create an ambience of romance. Imagine the soft lighting dim to the level of your choice, the nice and cooling whisper of the air conditioning gently blowing, and of course the soft background music. Ahem! I will leave the remaining to your imagination. Wild ! Romantic! Or sexy? Well, that's your choice.
A natural step forward
A family of smart switches called SENZO was released to market in September 2006. SENZO is a smart switch system with lighting control, lights synchronization with security system, internet connectivity, hand held remotes, PC management software and global access from anywhere in the world. And of course, with the abilities to expand and add more switches or accessories anytime you want.
In Q4 2012, 2nd generation Senzo, called SENZO 2 was released to replace SENZO, which added mobile apps, wireless sensor and energy saving capabilities.
And in Q1 2015, Senzo Touch was introduced with touch screen enhancements, in tandem with IoT gateway and cloud server connectivity were also added to support the whole range of Senzo products. Job Description Job description:
- Develop and manage cloud based software for company products
- Develop cross platform mobile software application for company products
- Involve in the unit testing and bug fixing of company products
- Carry out research on new technologies
- Follow development cycle with continuous integration/testing procedure
- Candidate must possess at least Degree / Master related to Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in related field.
- Required skills: Programming languages such as C#, XAML, Xamarin Form, LINQ etc and/or web technologies and databases such as SQLite.
- Design, implement and manage cloud architecture platform: Microsoft, AWS or any open stack.
- Design and implement cross platform mobile application: Android, iOS and Microsoft.
We offer the following benefits:
- Strong experience in object-oriented programming (OOP).
- Certification or experience in server/cloud technologies (eg. Azure, Amazon and etc) will be a plus.
- Medical claim, dental & health screening benefits
- Opportunity for training & career development
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?