- Review samples, drawings or work instructions to understand specifications of output.
- Organise the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job.
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping.
- Choose appropriate machines (e.g. cnc lathes) and position or load material for a job.
- Identify and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues.
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects.
- Gather records of approved and defective units or final products.
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages.
- Proven experience as machinist.
- Familiarity in using and/or programming semi-automated or automated tools and machines (cnc lathes, cnc milling etc.).
- Able to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements.
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material.
- Minimum SPM/O level or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset.
Perks & Benefits
- Commission and bonus
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Nearby public transport
- Regular team activities
- Personal leave
- Personal development opportunities