A Store Supervisor oversees the store activities that takes place at the store. They are heavily involved in planning, organizing and controlling project works and workers as well. Store Supervisors are responsible for supervising and controlling the foreign workers, drivers and site supervisors. Their role is also to take care and monitor the company assets, materials, machineries, vehicles, equipment and tools. The Store Supervisor ensures that all store operations are conducted in a safe, secure, efficient, and cost-effective manner in compliance with the company policies.
Job Responsibilities :
- To ensure all workers at the store carry out their given task efficiently at all times.
- To ensure all worker’s attendance is compiled and forwarded to the HR department on a daily basis latest by 10:30 am.
- To collect and compile workers punch cards and deliver them to HR once in a week, preferably every Mondays.
- To ensure all the company vehicles are in working condition and inform the Management when its due for servicing need to coordinate with the foreman and mechanic as well.
- To check and record every vehicle when it leaves the store premise and when it returns.
- To coordinate and delegate work trips with the drivers as and when required.
- To make sure the safety of the store is taken care off at all times and the gates are kept closed whenever there is no movement of any vehicles.
- To ensure no third party enters the premise without the approval and knowledge of the management.
- All activities taking place in the store has to be recorded especially in and outgoing of company vehicles and the carried items.
- To ensure the dogs have enough food and that they are fed daily accordingly.
- To make sure the float (petty cash) given is utilized properly, every purchase made has to be approved by the Purchasing department and submitted on a weekly basis.
- Any claims other than a request made by the company will not be entertained.
- To report immediately to the management any misconducts which take place in the store such as workers quarreling, drinking alcohol and found sleeping during working hours.
- To ensure all worker(s) are taken to the clinic if and when the need arises.
- To ensure all correspondences from HQ is disseminated to all workers accordingly.
- To work extra hours when it is required.
- To keep stock by recording daily whenever the materials are taken from the site.
- To take pictures(photo) of all materials which are taken or transferred to another site.
- To send workers from store to site locations within (Klang Valley) whenever required.
- Any other tasks requested and assigned by the management from time to time has to be carried out diligently and accordingly.
Job Requirements :
- A diploma or a certificate in business management.
- Preferably someone with experience in the construction industry with at least minimum of 3 years or more experience in a related field.
- Must be able to handle, supervise and control drivers, operators and foreign workers.
- Some knowledge in handling stocks, inventories of construction material would be an added advantage.