Select and purchase quality products and materials.
Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
Minimize inventory while maintaining adequate material level to meet production plans
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
- Managing problematic lot and MRP
- Ability to track and monitor scorecard to rate the suppliers performance
- Meet the cascaded metrics or KPI for buyers
- Additional duties as assigned by the management
- Perform material gap analysis for Clear To Build (CTB) as per customer demand
- Minimum Diploma with 3 years experience or Bachelor's Degree with 2 years experience in relevant field.
- Areas of study typically include business, administration, economics, customer service, communications and mathematics
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge in MRP or ERP systems.
- Buyers require leadership and bargaining skills.
- Coordinate and advice ECO / ECN / PCN cut in, submit E&O analysis and perform liability claim
- Expedite component shortages based on material shortages report (MRP)
- Execute MRP output (Push out, pull in and cancellation) in accordance to latest built plan
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Casual dress code
- Medical insurance
- Open culture