The incumbent shall perform day to day handling of sea cargo shipments from start to finish with complete status follow up of shipments including last miles. Attend to customers’ enquiries and generate sales leads and recommend process improvement to management. Ensure day-to-day work is performed within the legal and corporate directives.
- Handle day-to-day sea cargo shipments from receiving (Export) and/or delivering (Import) in accordance with the Company procedures.
- Execute each shipment in accordance to the Terms of shipment - Cargo-Partners’ scope of works along the Transport Chain.
- Deal directly with customers by phone/email/face to face and responds promptly to all customer enquiries and orders.
- Maintain Top Quality Professional Customer Service Relations.
- Proactive in the handling of all shipments and follow up.
- Contact with agents, liners, shipping companies, other freight forwarding companies, subcontractors, and custom bodies in connection with dispatching and delivering of shipments.
- Issues and monitors transportation documents, collection of documents for dispatching and delivering of shipments with attention to details and accuracy.
- Make Quotation offers to customers and partners (in coordination with Team Leader).
- Full compliance to Cargo-Partners’ Internal Transport Management Systems and updating of shipment status and milestones and uploading of pre-alerts on time and in accordance to Mandatory Data Quality requirements set.
- Full attention to details and accuracy in the handling of shipments from start to end, including revenue and expenses to maximize profit and minimise loss.
- Collection of payment for freight services rendered (including duties & taxes) and collection of Original Documents before release of shipment.
- Generates Sales Leads.
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures & guidelines in the Logistics Industry.
Minimum Education /Qualifications
- SPM / Diploma in Freight Forwarding
- Certified under the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations will be an added advantage
Minimum Experience & Special Knowledge
- 3-4 years in the Freight Forwarding Industry
- Solid knowledge in International Shipping & Freight Forwarding, covering both Export & Import processes and documentation requirements along the Transport Chain
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Plan, organize and coordinate daily and future activities
- Attention to details and thorough
- Proactive, self-driven, good attitude, integrity, resourceful and initiative
- Customer focus and able to generate sales leads
- Good problem solving and ability to anticipate coming situations
- Takes ownership of his/her work responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team Player
- Able to work in diverse culture environment
- Able to work across geographical and functional boundaries
- Strive well under stress
- Proficient in MS office (excel, powerpoint, etc.)
Perks & Benefits
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities