Macmahon Constructors Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary company of Macmahon Holdings Pty Ltd, an Australian Public listed company, is seeking expressions of interest from candidates for the role of Accountant in their Kuala Lumpur Office.
Macmahon Holdings Pty Ltd ( www.macmahon.com.au) is a Mining Services Provider with operations throughout Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia and Africa.
The successful candidate may be required to undergo training in the company headquarters in Perth and familiarity with the SAP accounting package would be seen as an advantage for this position.
- Manage full set of accounts following accounting principles.
- To manage the month end closing and reporting process. Prepare and review month-end financial reports.
- Consolidate and prepare monthly management accounts, financial statements, and any other financial reports, ensuring timely submission and compliance with relevant rules, standards and requirement.
- To address inter-company matters which include reconciliation and settlement of pending matters.
- Prepare journal entries, ad hoc analysis and account reconciliation.
- Assist the Financial Controller to prepare statutory filings and other reports required by relevant statutory bodies.
- Work closely with tax department to review and ensure the timely and accurate local income tax filing and the tracking of deferred tax assets and liabilities.
- Assist the Financial Controller to ensure timely and accurate filing of direct and indirect tax returns to the Malaysian tax authorities.
- Assist the Financial Controller to resolve complex, material accounting issues with alignment with Business Units.
- Assist the Financial Controller to plan and co-ordinate internal and external audits of the Malaysian entities.
- To complete ad hoc assignments and projects assigned by the Finance Controller in timely manner.
- Typically 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience. Public accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience in using SAP systems is seen as being favourable.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Enjoys working in a team environment and strong team player is a must.