Date: Jun 20, 2019 Location: Kulim, MY Company: Celestica International Inc. Req ID: 43199 Region: Asia Country: Malaysia State/Province: Kedah City: Kulim Detailed Description: Entry level during which an employee receives both functional and organizational training under close supervision. Incumbents carry out assignments within well-defined practices, procedures and policies. Works independently on details of assignments, and has limited decision-making authority; most decisions are made or guided by the immediate supervisor. Decisions/actions may have an impact on the department's/division's goals. Works under close Supervision and requires direction on how assignments are to be executed; begins to put forward ideas on how work assignments are completed. Establishes cooperative relationships to work effectively with colleagues; supports others and participates as a team member, and takes responsibility for own work commitments. Interacts directly with immediate supervisor, co-workers and team members; engages in routine exchanges of information; interactions with external contacts, if applicable, would be monitored. Performs tasks such as, but not limited to, the following: Maintains regional or global responsibility for a specific commodity or group of commodities for price /value determination, sourcing, negotiations, terms & conditions and supplier relationship development. Quotes and negotiates all products and services quarterly. Develops cost of customer bids within response time objectives. Supports bid activities by interacting with the site teams to compile and deliver the material commitment to the customer. Participates in Commodity Council Corporate negotiation team and /or the Customer Materials Commitment process by providing material pricing and data analysis. Conducts Quarterly Business Reviews with top suppliers and review customer BOMs for quarterly commits. Coordinates any supplier communication. Reviews and resolves issues on supplier performance feedback, supplier report card and bids. Supports the site SCM buying teams in times of product shortage or suppliers not meeting performance requirements including escalation within the supplier and alternative source development/recommendations. Supports customers to resolve quality, serviceability and performance related issues for products or bid activities. Consolidates, tabulates, analyzes and reports on various commitment and performance metrics. Provides product cost support for products in assigned geographies. Prepares bids including generation of BOM, cost analysis, negotiate with suppliers, and present bids to management. Updates material prices database, analyze bill of materials for competitiveness and customer compliance, review with management. Knowledge/Skills/Competencies: * Working knowledge of the marketplace conditions for the area of specialization including industry pricing, technology and supply/demand trends.
- Strong systems skills, including common office platforms such as MS Office and Access, along with have strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures.
- Basic understanding of specific customer needs.
- Good communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight time deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure their timely and accurate completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data.
- Repetitive manual movements (e.g., data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc.) are frequently required.