The main objective is to support the Project Manager and Project Team in the co-ordination, planning and control of the project. They receive minimal supervision from the Project Manager to ensure the agreed project management methods and standards are implemented throughout the project.
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist the Project Manager and Team Managers in the production and maintenance of project plans.
- Develop and maintain the project library, filing, recording and reporting systems.
- Develop and implement appropriate configuration management procedures
- Co-ordinate the production of all reports and produce project summary reports.
- Set up and maintain systems for recording project costs.
- Define and document procedures in accordance with agreed methodology
- Advise and assist project team members in the application of project procedures, disciplines and recording and reporting standards.
- Maintain risk and issue logs and change control records.
- Develop and support effective communication mechanisms between the project teams.
- Undertake any other administrative tasks as specified by the Project Manager.
- All these tasks and activities are performed at a project level and often without a project office or PMO function in place. These roles are often the first step towards a more formal structure like a PMO but because the organisation doesn’t have enough projects to warrant a PMO these roles are used instead.
Perks & Benefits
- Annual leave