Is engineering your passion, and do you want to be part of the technology innovator? Then you just might be our new Lead Automation Engineer!
Job description :
As the Lead Automation Engineer, you will design the automation and control system of dredging vessels such as hopper or cutter dredgers. Most of the time, those vessels and installations are still under construction by IHC. You will work closely with the Lead Electrical Engineer to come up with the optimum solution for specific projects. You will also provide technical support and act as a point of contact for our customers and other IHC units. Each project can take as long as half a year to two years to complete. You will typically work on designing control philosophies, system architecture diagrams, functional specifications and I/O-lists. After the design phase, you will determine the software hours required and lead the software team during the implementation phase, in addition to testing the software. You will also provide information to our technical writer as input for the User Manual and will undertake the Factory Acceptance Test with the customer. Please note, part of your role may involve working onboard vessels during installation and handover to the customer.
Job requirements :
To be eligible for the position of Lead Automation Engineer, you must have the following:
- higher vocational education (Bachelor Degree) and/or an academic higher education (WO) in a technical discipline with a focus on industrial automation
- demonstrable design experience in complex process automation
- knowledge of guidelines, standards, legislation and rules relating to inspection agencies, along with an understanding of control techniques
- the ability to write functional specifications and read drawings (electric, pneumatic and hydraulic)
- the ability to work as part of a team, and experience in managing or supervising technical colleagues
- knowledge of PLC and SCADA systems
- an approachable nature and a customer-oriented focus
- the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- a practical, goal-oriented attitude and the willingness to work in a rapidly changing environment
- excellent communication skills in English and/or Dutch, both written and verbal
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance overseas / local site project attachment & training courses.
As a Lead Automation Engineer Dredginf Control Systems, you will work at IHC Malaysia, based in Johor Bahru. This organization is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialized maritime sector. Royal IHC has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Engineering Malaysia is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com
Perks & Benefits :
- Employee equity
- Empowerment practiced working environment
- Open culture
- Regular team activities (sports week, birthday celebration, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- Work life balance
- Medical benefit and insurance (extend to family members)
- Work visa sponsorship
- Overseas training opportunity
- Leadership training
- Personal leave
- Personal development opportunities