This vacancy is only open to Malaysians/PR or those who possess their own independent work visa.
About the Systems Engineer position
We are looking for a skilled Systems Engineer who will help build, maintain and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will join our talented team of engineers who deliver mission critical infrastructure and ensure the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
You should have a background in IT or Computer Science. We also expect you to demonstrate excellent technical competency and strong teamwork skills.
Systems Engineer responsibilities are:
- Monitor and support all installed systems and infrastructure
- Organize the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability, acting proactively
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Evaluate application performance, identify potential bottlenecks, develop solutions, and implement them with the help of team leader
- Oversee company's security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Develop custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Contribute to the design of information and operational support systems
- Work together with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Liaise with customers on their infrustructure and status of any incident/project or recommendation pending for them.
Systems Engineer requirements are:
- 5+ years' experience of working on a Systems Engineer position
- Solid experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows 2012 and 2016 based environments with exposure to 2019
- Good experience in administering and performance tuning of application stacks, such as Windows AD, DNS, DHCP, Exchange and SQL
- Good experience with Cloud platforms (Azure is preferred) and virtualization (including such products as Hyper-V, VMware, and others)
- Good experience with Backup and Monitoring systems
- Strong scripting skills, including shell scripts such as powershell etc.
- Excellent knowledge of networking technologies, particularly with OSI network layers and TCP/IP
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related area
Perks & Benefits
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Regular team activities
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities