- Provide company-wide consultancy to field departments' estimators on estimating matters and benchmark project estimates against historical data and internal/external indices.
- Provide all cost engineering expertise and coordinate activities as group/unit leader as required.
- Responsible for the preparation, review, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of all projects' associated capital expenditures and spending.
- Review and analyze claims and change orders and assist in preparation of cost portion of engineering procurement and construction contracts.
- Assist with the preparation of cost portion of the engineering, procurement and construction contracts.
- Review multi-discipline conceptual, detailed and definitive cost estimates for Saudi Aramco capital projects to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with the scope of work.
- Review and/or verify Material Take-off (MTO's) against engineering documents or packages for estimates prepared by engineering contractors.
- Assist project management team in the negotiation of project contract as required.
- Initiate appropriate action when total forecast indicates allocated funds will be exceeded.
- Interface with multiple operating facilities to review and discuss project scope and estimate basis, including visits to area of construction.
- Demonstrate experience in the use of cost and estimating tools and the application of market conditions and risk management to estimates.
- Advise of company cost engineering methods & procedures and prepare developmental assignments for lower level cost engineers
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. A four year engineering program from a reputable academic institution is required.
- A minimum of 10 years in design, construction or operation of refining or petrochemical facilities.
- Working experience for or in an operating facility for at least 5 years; revamp/debottlnecks or shutdown/turnaround is desirable.
- Proven experience with computer-estimating programs such as Aspentech CEE (Capital Cost Estimator), Timberline, etc. You will also be familiar with estimate databases such as Means, Richardson and others.
- Knowledge of software like CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) or SAP.
- Professional certification as a PMP (Project Management Professional) is strongly preferred
- Works experience on Aramco Projects is preferred.
- Only Malaysian candidate will be shortlisted.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
Fircroft Tanjung Sdn Bhd (Co. Reg. No: 1103286-X)
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?