- Research potential vendors.
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers.
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Review quality of purchased products.
- Input order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases.
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
- Document reports on purchases, including cost analyses.
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed.
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Assitant or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors).
- Familiarity of supply chain procedures.
- Excelent analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.