- Company Name: ABB Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Location: Selangor, Other - Malaysia (Subang Jaya)
- Experience: 5 - 10 Years
- Keywords / Skills: Service Engineer,Onsite Engineer,Technical Service engineer,Substation installation,Maintenance Engineer,Electrical engineer,Electrical substation,HVAC Engineer
- Education: Bachelors/ Degree
- Function: Manufacturing/Engineering/R&D
- Role: Electrical Engineer,Other Manufacturing/ Engineering/ R&D - Service Engineer
- Industry: Electrical/Switchgear
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. Job Description Tasks
- Provide on-site or remote technical support by identifying the problem and determine corrective action in substation installation, service, maintenance, repair, upgrades and retrofits.
- Consult with and advise customers on the best service solutions adhering to standard processes, procedures and safety
- Create and maintain strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs and providing specialist support and solutions.
- Coordinate and execute special projects through planning, meeting milestones and regular reviews.
- Identify opportunities for the development of new service applications, equipment and methods.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (preferably majoring in Electrical Power Engineering)
- More than 5 years' experience working in Electrical Substation and conversant with Testing and Commissioning activities
- Able to lead a team of maintenance technicians/subcontractors at the site to carry out routine electrical substation service and maintenance for Primary Equipment's in the substation.
- Good experience and knowledge of HV Equipment's (HV Breakers, 132kV / 275kV GIS, Transformers, OLTC) with
- Hands On experience handling HV Test Equipment's, i.e. CB Timing Test Kit, e.g. ISA CB1000, SA10, SF6 Gas
- Analyzers & Detectors, Contact Resistance Measurement.
- Having sound knowledge on Secondary Equipment's, e.g. 132kV Protection Relays/Scheme, Disturbance Recorder,
- RTCC will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve technical issues.
- This position requires 50-75% travel with the majority being within Malaysia.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, with the ability to understand and prioritize your customer's needs.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If
you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
- Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.