- Responsible for specific accounts and assist to oversee the daily operation of the Purchasing Department.
- Set up proper communication with suppliers for all kinds of claims and quality issues according to management's guidelines.
- Assist to consolidate advance payment, daily shipment and common materials.
- Responsible for implementing internal procurement strategies to carter to higher delivery and short lead time requirements.
- Check all POs and ensure all Purchasers follow right procedures when checking stock, offset excess materials from previous and give materials in the right buffer quantity or percentage.
- Review high volume purchases in a single item and end of season leftover materials on a monthly basis.
- Ensure factory provides monthly report in big volume, consumption drop and end of season raw materials so that all excess materials are identified at the earliest stage so as to assign leftover materials to a new sales order.
- Request for quotation from freight forwarder if have any new shipment routes.
- Establish monthly purchasing schedules and ensure on-time delivery based on production schedule.
- Work with relevant departments to review material requirements and delivery lead time to meet customer requirements.
- Source, negotiate and purchase materials from both local and oversea vendors.
- Lead/participate in related continuous improved initiatives.
- Assist in ISO
- Annual Performance Review for vendors.
- Correctly interpret information & facts to make sound decision and translate department plans into actions effectively.
- Perform other duties which may be assigned by superior from time to time.
- Candidate must possess at least a Degree/ Diploma/ Advanced/ Higher/ Graduate Diploma in relevant fields .
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a purchasing sectors.
- Knowledge in purchasing of machining/ mechanical parts will be an advantage.
- Effective communication skill.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exist.
- Able to work with different departments/functional groups.
- Good negotiation skill
- Preferable with own transport
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?