This is a managerial role in marketing and promotions that requires the candidate to develop marketing strategies, plans and communication channels as well as follow through with implementation. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the image of the startup ecosystem in Malaysia and promote Malaysia as a regional growth hub for tech startups.
The successful candidate will have a strong marketing and communications background with a creative approach to promotions and problem-solving. He/she will lead marketing, communications and promotion efforts of the Malaysian startup ecosystem which includes strategy development, market research, digital marketing and online asset development while working collaboratively with other MDEC divisions, GED departments and external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop marketing, communications and promotion strategy in order to amplify Malaysia’s tech startup ecosystem and position the country as the best regional expansion hub for Southeast Asia for tech entrepreneurs to grow their business.
- Drive implementation of the above-mentioned plans and campaigns, with a strong focus on online marketing and communication leveraging on MDEC’s existing online assets and business network.
- Develop content and digital marketing campaigns to creatively influence the target foreign markets via influencers and major media channels – to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with MDEC’s Corporate Affairs team on Public Relations (PR) and media engagements that are related to the startup ecosystem.
- To continuously challenge the current marketing and communications methods and channels in order to improve the intended outcome.
- Maintain the database of marketing, communication and promotion partners such as media houses, TV channels, agencies etc in an organised structure.
- Work with stakeholders to prepare an event calendar consisting of events, gatherings and other occasions for GED’s outreach efforts to be shared with the relevant units within GED or other divisions within MDEC.
- Manage budget utilisation for marketing, communications and promotion activities and ensure that every expenditure is justified with outcomes that are in line with the MDEC corporate and GED divisional KPIs.
- Manage the performance and morale of the marketing, communications and promotion team members by providing development structure and to act as a coach to enhance individual performance.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the scope, deliverable and programs of all units under the GED division as well as other divisions in MDEC and proactively provide support in order to achieve MDEC’s corporate goals.
Perks & Benefits
- Fixed Allowance for managerial level (petrol & car allowances)
- Flex-time, Flex-place, Flex-benefit
- Education support
- Casual dress code
- Medical coverage
- Dental & Optical
- Annual leave
- Free parking