Reports to : Discipline Leader Department
Location : Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Growth, Internationalization, innovation and collaboration are all part of the strategy of Royal IHC. Therefore, it is most important to uniform all processes and the related data structures. This leads to more flexibility and lower costs, which provides IHC to offer more collateral security and shorter lead time to our customers.
The engineering process starts with basic engineering and is followed by detail engineering. Depending on the building location – The Netherlands or abroad the detail engineering will be performed by either IHC companies, non-IHC building yard or an external party.
As part of the engineering team, you will be responsible to play vital role in contributing delivery of engineering work package according to specification, on time and within budget. Your day to day work will require you to be in constant effective communication and cooperation across discipline and different responsibilities with various party.
- As a user of 3D Modelling tools (Autodesk Inventor, Solid Edge, Siemens NX).
- Deliver 3D models or 2D drafting based on specification, sketch or calculation provided by engineers.
- Deliver work as per specification, on time and within budget.
- Communicate effectively within project team to jointly solve a shortcomings.
- Execute project according to the Project Execution Procedure
- Ensure deliverables comply with the Quality Management System
- Minimum Certificate in engineering drafting, mechanical design or any equivalent certification.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill is required.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skill is required.
- Able to work independently or with minimum supervision.
- Good initiative and self driven
- Autodesk Inventor; or Siemens NX; or Solid Edge experience are an added advantage.
- Prior experiences working in projects or production environment will be an added advantage.
- Must be willing to work under 1 year renewal contract
- Must be willing to work in Setia Tropika, Johor Bahru
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance overseas / local site project attachment & training courses.
As a draftsman, you will work at IHC Malaysia, based in Johor Bahru. This organization is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialized maritime sector. Royal IHC has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Engineering Malaysia is part of Engineering Shipbuilding of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com
Perks & Benefits:
- Employee equity
- Empowerment practiced working environment
- Open culture
- Regular team activities (sports week, birthday celebration, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- Work life balance
- Medical benefit and insurance (extend to family members)
- Work visa sponsorship
- Overseas training opportunity
- Leadership training
- Personal leave
- Personal development opportunities