Reports to : Discipline Leader Mechanical Equipment Department
Location : Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Growth, Internationalization, innovation and collaboration are all part of the strategy of Royal IHC. Therefore, it is most important to uniform all processes and the related data structures. This leads to more flexibility and lower costs, which provides IHC to offer more collateral security and shorter lead time to our customers.
As part of the mechanical engineering team, you will be responsible to play vital role in delivering engineering work package according to specification, on time and within budget. You will be working with our colleagues across the world and third party client. Your day to day work will require you to be in constant effective communication and cooperation across discipline and different responsibilities with various party.
In IHC Engineering Malaysia (IEM), our aim is developing versatile engineer. It is expected from the engineers to be flexible to work cross department projects within IEM depending on the project requirements.
- As a user of 3D Modelling tools (Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor).
- Deliver basic and detail engineering packages based on engineering standards, norms & directions by senior colleagues.
- Maintaining contact with the basic, detail and production engineers abroad.
- Deliver work as per specification, on time and within budget.
- Communicate effectively within project team to jointly solve a shortcomings.
- Execute project according to the Project Execution Procedure.
- Communicate effectively with team leader and discipline leader.
- Providing input for new project proposals and defining the scope of work for new projects
- Able to lead and assist less experience colleagues in completing work assignments
- Delivering input for progress reporting and project planning
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years experiences in an equipment discipline in a relevant environment.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill is required.
- Proactive and problem-solving attitude, as well as being an analytic and flexible team player
- Proactive team player with high initiative.
- Proficiency in Solid Edge or Autodesk Inventor is required and experience of AutoCAD and FEM is advantageous
- Knowledge of international standards for machining; fitting; tolerance; etc.
- Knowledge of international rules and standards applicable to offshore designs
- Adaptability, assertiveness, critical thinking, ability to coach and control progress, focus on quality, problem analysis, and desire to achieve results.
- Coaching and leadership experience is preferred
- Excellent drawing presentation and welding connotation skills and have good knowledge on the steel structure joint detail.
- Must be willing to work under 1 year renewal contract
- Must be willing to work in Setia Tropika, Johor Bahru
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance overseas / local site project attachment & training courses.
As a Mechanical Equipment Engineer, you will work at IHC Malaysia, based in Johor Bahru. This organization is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialized maritime sector. Royal IHC has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Engineering Malaysia is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com
Perks & Benefits :
- Employee equity
- Empowerment practiced working environment
- Open culture
- Regular team activities (sports week, birthday celebration, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- Work life balance
- Medical benefit and insurance (extend to family members)
- Work visa sponsorship
- Overseas training opportunity
- Leadership training
- Personal leave
- Personal development opportunities