- Project Planning: Support the Senior Engineer/Engineering Manager when working with the Sales & Tendering Department and/or Operations Department by developing proposals/work packages for projects concerning horizontal and vertical transport.
- Creating and reviewing AutoCAD lifting and transport drawings for projects including: crane and rigging lift studies, transportation arrangements, and ballast plans.
- Produce engineering reports and method statements.
- Assist with making decisions in regards to equipment selection and methodology.
- Perform various engineering calculations.
- Execution: After approval from the Senior Engineer/Engineering Manager, work with the Operations Department to meet the equipment and technical requirements of the engineered plan.
- Supplier Management/Purchasing: Assist the Project Manager and Auxiliary Equipment Departments in communicating the needs, as they pertain to the technical aspects of the project, to suppliers and to help ensure the quality of fabricated components.
- Administration: Creating, managing, and distributing all project related technical documentation, as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring project is planned according to Mammoet SHE-Q program.
- Languages: Proficient in English, written and spoken
- Special Training/Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, MS Project, etc.), AutoCAD, SAP (preferred)
- Decisive, driven, result-oriented
- Able to work as part of a team
- Sound knowledge of horizontal and vertical transport
- Strong Mechanical aptitude is an asset
- Able to handle stress
- Interest in global travel for project work in other regions
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering, E.I.T. or P.Eng. designation is an asset but not required
- Some experience with the design of custom fabrications and fabrication processes is preferred