Reports to : Discipline Leader Application Engineering
Location : Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Are you an Engineer who love to standardize things for improvement ? Do you love to be challenge to makes complicate things simple? This role is suitable to candidate who wants to be part of company growth, as well as possesses Internationalization, innovation and collaboration mindset. They are all part of the strategy of Royal IHC. Therefore, it is most important to uniform all processes and the related data structures. This leads to more flexibility and lower costs, which provides IHC to offer more collateral security and shorter lead time to our customers.
As Application engineer, you will play the vital role in roll out process of ONE IHC initiative across all Royal IHC business unit around the world. You will work for different business unit in assisting them to moved their day to day operation data into a more integrated system which will be universal across the organization. Daily interaction with colleagues across the world on daily basis and possibility to travel across the world to support different business unit in real time.
In IHC Engineering Malaysia (IEM), our aim is developing versatile engineer. By this you will have an opportunity to work in cross department projects within IEM (Shipbuilding and Mechanical Engineering)
- Ensuring high quality of data and CAD model registered into the system database.
- Managing data by standardization of parts, components and/or structures in line with specifications and international standards by utilizing Siemens Teamcenter and IFS.
- Writing XML script for standard part description.
- Creation of 3D modelling & 2D drafting for CAD data library and product data specification in Teamcenter.
- Enrichment of parts and components by extracting information from technical drawing.
- Proficient in 3D CAD software such as Siemens NX, Solid Edge, and Inventor is a big plus. Training will be provided.
- Work independently to anticipate, rectify and prevent any unwanted issues.
- Report and communicate efficiently on project progress with the team leader and team members.
- Build a strong communication on personal level with our foreign colleagues and show initiative in problem solving.
- Bachelor degree in Naval Architecture / Mechanical engineering (preferred) or equivalent degree and successful experience in a similar system implementation role in engineering company.
- Experience 2-3 years in engineering company environment
- Able to read technical drawing and have good understanding on engineering norm.
- A strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Must be willing to relocate to Johor Bahru
- Must be willing to travel oversea for assignment on extended duration (up to 8 weeks)
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Empowerment practiced working environment
- Open culture
- Regular team activities (sports week, birthday celebration, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- Work life balance
- Medical benefit and insurance (extend to family members)
- Work visa sponsorship
- Overseas training opportunity
- Leadership training
- Personal leave
- Personal development opportunities