The Veolia Accounting Shared Services (VASS) is currently developing rapidly post transitions activities recently in the APAC region. The next phase of development will see the implementation of various process improvement initiatives within Accounting & Reporting processes. An experienced Accounts Payable (AP) Officer is required to support the regional team deliver the month end close key deliverables, process vendor invoices & payment activities, manage reconciliations (Inc. intercompany transactions). The AP officer is also expected to liaise with various stakeholders within the organisation to ensure the Accounts Payable Shared Service objectives are met & sustained.
- Meet Accounts Payable key performance indicators (KPI) on process performance & ensure all metrics are aligned with VASS process objectives & targets.
- Recording of all invoices, debit/ credit notes & reconcile statements of accounts (SOA) from vendors promptly.
- Respond to queries from vendors & BUs and follow up invoice/payment related queries timely.
- Prepare Payment proposals & ensure validity of payments against payment processing policy of the Company i.e. 3 way matching process / principal is followed & exceptions escalated.
- Prepare & reconcile AP Intercompany balances prior to month end AP module close & manage reconciliation to resolve intercompany balance discrepancies.
- Prepare & Review AP balance sheet reconciliations & manage open items with key business stakeholders
- Review AP intercompany statements (SOA) & perform periodic reconciliations to support General Ledger accountants on Group reporting requirements.
- Prepare & review preliminary numbers and AP integrity reports for Group Internal & External Audit compliance requirements.
- Ensure correct recording & payment of tax rates for entities in APAC on invoices (GTS, SST, VAT, etc.)
- Participate in Greenlight (Continuous Improvement) initiatives / spirit within the team.
- Assist General Ledger Accountants with annual audit exercise, audit confirmations, vendor ageing analysis & other annual audit requirements.
- A recognized Degree/Diploma in Accountancy or relevant field alternatively Professional Accounting qualifications (e.g. ACCA, CPA) with 2 to 5 years
- Possess knowledge of Accounts Payable process knowledge.
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable process flows (payments, 3 way match processing, reconciliation of AP Ageing)
- IT/System Skills:
- Medium/Advance Excel/Google Sheet skills & familiarity with ERP (Oracle JDE Edwards or SAP’s) with operating knowledge in COGNOS environments, a plus.
- Possess accounting and analytical skills with an eye for detail, proactive, committed good team player with effective interpersonal skills.
- Able to confidently engage with internal/external customers, vendors & other key stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery of invoices, payment & response to queries.
- A team player & able to work within a dynamic regional environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to speak & write in other languages in the region (example: Thai, Vietnamese, Mandarin or Tagalog) is a plus.
- Preference for candidates who can commence work immediately or at short notice.
- Possess valid travel documents & able to travel at a short notice to countries within the APAC region