- Provide direct care to assigned patients.
- Take nursing history, summarized data, state nursing diagnoses and patient care needs.
- Observe and record signs, symptoms, and behaviours of patients as well as the assessment of changes, and notify nurse manager and/or doctor of changes in patient's status.
- Follow policy for admitting new patients and activating the plan of care.
- Deliver designated nursing interventions to assigned patients in line with the medical care plan and as instructed by the doctor.
- Perform admission, discharge and transfer procedures.
- Execute physician's orders for all assigned patients and properly administer medications as instructed.
- Independently perform duties and assume responsibility for the care of assigned patients.
- Carry out proper aseptic techniques, isolation procedures, and infection control measures, disposals according to established protocols.
- Document nursing care in all assigned patient records, including re-assessments and instructions from the doctor on the revision of interventions, if any.
- Ensures that the equipment, and other related support infrastructure, is well maintained in the area of responsibility, regularly cleaned and checked according to requirements.
- Maintain patient's privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times.
- Evaluate care given including the patient response.
- Adhere to internal controls established for the department and provide care in line with International Patient Safety Goals.
- Participate in the Centre’s Quality management and accreditation processes.
- Adhere to hospital policies and procedures in all aspect of care, human resources, health & safety, familiarize with Fire and Disaster Plans and their implementation.
- Report all accidents and incidents as laid down in hospital procedures. Participate in the investigation and remedial action.
- Perform related duties as required and other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Perks & Benefits
- Regular team activities
- Medical insurance
- Personal development opportunities