The Information Technology Officer is responsible to advice and work with management to design and implement appropriate Information and Communications Technology policies and procedures. In addition to managing the daily operational information technology needs of the organisation, the officer is also responsible to ensure the continuity of business, which includes instituting an effective disaster recovery management plan.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily information technology operations and performance, i.e. installation, support and maintenance of hardware, software and network infrastructure to ensure optimum functionality.
- Analyse computer or information technology and other communications technology related problems, and recommend appropriate corrective and preventive measures.
- Maintain proper administration records of information technology equipment inventory, application software inventory, other software licenses, information technology equipment movement, networking & other information technology related information.
- Set up user accounts, email accounts, security-levels, and access to internet and internal network.
- Ensure secure and virus-free information technology working environment by setting up appropriate security parameters, which includes regular checks for viruses.
- Provide training, guidance, troubleshooting and problem solving for all staff with regards to information technology and communications hardware & software.
- Liaise with suppliers on setup, implementation, repair, maintenance of information technology hardware, software and network.
- Maintain and setup necessary equipment (projector, sound system, etc.) for events, workshop or functions.
- Update corporate website, and other related websites, as instructed.
- Take ownership of all assignments and honour commitments; deliver outputs within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operate in compliance with organisational regulations and rules; achieve results; support other staff; provide oversight; and take responsibility for delegated assignments.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Undertake other duties and attend meetings as assigned by the General Manager.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma/Advanced Diploma/Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Proactive, creative and possess good troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Willingness to response and attend to the site enquiries on weekends or in the evenings.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Tamil or Mandarin will be an additional advantage.
- Able to edit and generate own script language.
- Attach your latest and most persuasive resume.
- Attach an appealing cover letter (tell us why are you the best candidate for this position and your expected salary).
- Send all documents to email@example.com.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Central location
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks / Happy hours
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities
- Fitness membership (Yoga Class)