GEORGE TOWN WORLD HERITAGE INCORPORATED
STAFF RECRUITMENT 2019
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS OFFICER
The Finance and Accounts Officer is responsible to prepare financial statements, maintain cash controls, prepare payroll and personnel administration, monitor and process purchasing matters, maintain accounts payable. She or he will be supporting the Administration and Finance Department, and is expected to perform the following tasks and responsibilities in an accurate, timely and highly professional manner.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Administers and monitors the financial system to ensure that the municipal finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures all transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Ensures security and legitimate for all cash flow in and out.
- Establishes and maintains supplier and consultant accounts.
- Coordinates and assists the annual audit.
- Oversees purchase ordering and processing purchase invoices for payments.
- Maintains the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all transactions.
- Prepares and presents accounts and financial statements during Board of Directors meetings.
- Administers employee files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances.
- Administers the monthly payroll in order to ensure that employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitors and maintains of stores and fixed assets register.
- Ensures all financial regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with colleagues.
- Undertakes other duties and attend meetings as assigned by the General Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field.
- Membership with a recognized Chartered Accounting body will be an added value.
- Knowledge of word processing equipment and computers with proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and other related accounting programs such as SQL Payroll and USB Accounting Software.
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential.
- At least three (3) years of relevant working experience in related field or position.
- Willingness to work on weekends or in the evenings.
- Able to work independently, collectively, and in responsible manner.
- Attach your latest and most persuasive resume.
- Attach an appealing cover letter (tell us why are you the best candidate for this position and your expected salary).
- Send all documents to email@example.com.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Central location
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks / Happy hours
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities
- Fitness membership (Yoga Class)