This role is to assist and support the Head of Motor Underwriting, ensuring deliver continued profitable growth of the motor portfolio, also contribute to the development of strategic direction of the Company, working closely with other business functions to help achieve corporate objective.
1. Analyze and manage the performance of the motor portfolio.
2. Manage and review the underwriting logic, policy wordings and endorsement.
3. Deliver improved underwriting performance.
4. Drive to process of improving risk selection.
5. Manage system and ensure it meets the underwriting and pricing requirements.
6. To achieve the Company’s budgeted financial figures (both top and bottom line)
7. Manage and monitor motor portfolio.
8. Ensure feasible underwriting process
9. Ensure compliance of risk underwriting
10. Define risks (both desired and undesired) and communicate to marketers.
- Possess minimum recognized diploma / degree in Insurance, Accounting, Finance, Business Studies, preferable professional qualification in insurance (AMII, ACII, AAII, DMII etc.);
- At least 3 to 4 years of experience in Insurance Industry, preferable in motor underwriting;
- Exposure to insurance business/models and across markets
- Specialization in one or more areas in distribution, specific markets, products, Operations.
- Experience in leading functional teams in business/strategy development, performance review / monitoring, sales or general management.
- Very strong analytical/numerical skills.
- Very good ability to strategize and drive execution.
- Ability to adapt and learn fast, diligent, trustworthy and have strong initiative to learn.
- Result oriented, committed, team player, positive working attitude, good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Computer literate, especially in MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to work with multicultural project teams and to foster a good working environment.
- Ability to multi-task, plan effectively and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with and influence
- Potential to take up senior management roles in the future
- Ability and interest to lead and develop junior team members.
Perks & Benefits
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Flexible working hours
- Medical insurance
- Personal development opportunities