- Facilitates the improvement of safety performance in the business unit by following and monitoring the implementation of unit safety policy, processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Provides expertise and support to the business unit on matters affecting safety.
- Performs safety inspections/ audits to verify compliance and identify deviations and uncontrolled risks affecting safety.
- Operates the accident & near miss incident investigation process, completes or verifies accident and investigation reports in co-operation with line management and technical specialists.
- Supports line management and technical specialists in defining and implementing corrective and preventive actions from audits and investigation findings.
- Monitors the effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions.
- Monitors safety auditing process and regular workplace visits under the direction off the unit Safety Manager.
- Assists line management in workplace safety audits
- Shares safety related information throughout the business unit, including investigation outcomes and best practices.
- Supports and contributes to the activities of the safety committee in their unit.
- Interacts with external stakeholders (i.e. clients and authorities) in matters affecting safety, under direction from the Safety manager.
- Develops and maintains his/her own competences as safety specialist in co-operation with Safety manager.
- Supports the development of safety competences of others.
- Uses the Employee survey results as a source of information for improvement of safety.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on