- Primary responsibility must be to Install, configure and support network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP.
- Able to work independently reporting back to Head Of Operation
- Decision made regarding design issues to create cost effective solutions.
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximise network efficiency and security
- Maximising network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Monitor the operation of the networks and system to ensure proper utilization of line, hardware and software. Tune networks for optimal system performance.
- Serve as point of escalation for complex problem resolution. Typically for level 3 issues.
- Interpret complex technical diagram in order to affect problem resolution.
- Test and verify all changes to ensure changes occur without interruption.
- May mentor less experienced staff; and may instruct, direct and check their work.
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
- Solid skills and experience in troubleshooting, installation, configuration, and testing of the network equipment
- A team player and capable to work in an evolving environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Meticulous and have eyes for details
- Excellent communications, presentations and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, Netscout.
- Prepared to perform 24/7 supports, when activated via phone/email.
- Maintain network inventory list.
- Applicant is willing to be based at Westport Klang.
- General Supervision received. Typically reports back to HOO or HOD
- Related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Skill:
- Knowledge of IP protocols
- Knowledge of networking routing protocols
- Consultative and communication skills
- Knowledge on Checkpoint and Fortigate Firewall
- Knowledge on F5 LTM and F5 LC Appliance.
- Advanced knowledge in Routing and Switching Protocol
- Network Security – VPN
- Network Management
- CCNA/ CCNP
- ITIL Foundation Certification
Perks & Benefits
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Nearby public transport
- Casual dress code
- Medical insurance