Associate - Manage Indirect Tax
- Submit accurate and timely tax returns, supporting documents and schedules in accordance with the relevant local tax rules, regulations and generally accepted practices, within the deadlines set by them
- Pay or effect payment of all tax liabilities on time and in the right amount, as shown on the tax return
- Submit accurate and timely tax accounting information in accordance with local and Group accounting requirements
- Closely engage with other processes to ensure timely and accurate completion of accounting activities upon which tax payments/returns submissions are depends on
- Prepare and execute accurate and timely tax returns, respective supporting documents required and tax payments
- Develop professional working relationships with colleagues within the process and in the interface process across Finance Operations
- Ensure effectiveness of operating controls and report all control incidences
- Update work instructions as and when applicable and also at regular intervals as per Work Instructions policy guidelines
- Conduct variance analysis, reasonableness checks and reconciliations
- Collate information for enquiries from external auditors and authorities
- Support change management initiatives and contribute to successful go-live of tax migrations
- Identify and implement opportunities to continuously improve processes
- Comply to Shell Group records management & Information risk management procedures and manage the working papers and supporting documentation related to the tax returns
- Perform SOAR analysis of tax accounts balances and ensure accuracy of balances as per required
- Able to perform under tight deadline and ad-hoc request
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Finance
- Minumum must hvae 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Must be willing to work in Cyberjaya, Selangor.
- 5 Months CONTRACT position available.
- Working Hours : 8.00 am to 5.00 pm