- Assist Engineering & Design Manager in overseeing all design related activities.
- Lead the Design Team to meet the KPI tasked and achieve the goal stated in DRF.
- Record and generate monthly report against KPI and DRF.
- Responsible in ISO related activities.
- Assist the team in standardization and improvement program.
- Assist in Type Testing activities related to switchboard.
- Assist in Siemens Sivacon development program.
SCOPE OF DUTIES
- Receive DRF from project/sales, check if sufficient information are given, interpret standard, type test and compliances is according to project & requirement, record and delegate to designer/drafter.
- Assist in giving orders and instructions, complete with drawing, tender specifications, project requirements and delivery schedules stated in DRF to designer/drafter.
- Liaise within design team on drawings, components catalogues compilations, amendment and update.
- Design and produce initial sketch layout as indicated in DRF by respective department for preliminary request (Non-confirmed or consultant requested)
- Assist project to attend site meetings, site survey and switchroom measurement together with project if necessary.
- Where necessary, communicate with clients, contractors, consultants, vendors to discuss and propose appropriate design within contract.
- Monitor the progress of drawing quality and completion.
- Ensure drawings are deliver timely and accurate.
- Ensure smooth operation of design and drafting team according to Type Test, specification, standard and market requirements.
- Review & initiate changes to standards, instructions, type test and technical tables.
- Ensure design are cost effective and within requirement.
- Look into value Engineering of design against offered panel.
- Mitigate mistakes and record of input.
- Documentation control and command and recording according to ISO requirement.
- Attend ISO audit when required.
- Work closely with Engineering Manager for improvement works, R&D, upgrading program, introduction of Siemens Sivacon S8 and Type Test switchboard when necessary.
- Liaise with service team on complaints received/feedback from fields, clients, contractors, consultants and production for improvement and recommendation program.
- Familiar with local codes, regulations and procedures, documentation and discriminate to team under the standardization program.
- Record DRFs, mistakes made within the team, KPI for daily achievement.
- Ensure submission of monthly/bi-weekly reports on all DRFs status to Engineering Manager timely and religiously.
- Any other ad-hoc design as assigned by project/management.
- Attend inter-department meeting when necessary for discussion on products and design defects, design change, new implementation of design, components update, incident, complaint recorded and any improvement discussion.
- Improvement program:
- Standardization symbolic according to IEC standard
- Leading the team to convert to new application software if necessary
- Involvement to R&D, new design, standardization of production drawings and control drawings.
- Implementation of new standard control circuitry
- Implementation of new panel GA design in modular format
- Involvement in new product development & evaluation acceptance
- Involvement in existing product evaluation for reliability.
- PLC and block standard control design
- Implementation of standard drawing for repeated design
- Study and update key technical specification on all components used periodically.
- Conduct internal meeting on improvement, training, standardization, new and obsolete product update, standards, type test etcs.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related and relevant and recognized qualification.
EXPERIENCE & SKILL FACTORS
- Min 2 years of working experience in a switchboard industry.
- Knowledge of Autocad.
- Experience with switchboard environment and control industry.
- Good communication and people relation skills.
- Technically sound with knowledge in related field.
- Knowledge in Solidworks added to advantage.
- Possess good spoken & writing in English & Mandarin or Malay.
- Able to communicate well with Engineers or client from different area.
- Sensitive and diplomatic
- Hard working and willing to work overtime when required by the management.