GEORGE TOWN WORLD HERITAGE INCORPORATED
STAFF RECRUITMENT 2019
PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE GENERAL MANAGER
Provide administrative and secretarial support to the General Manager in a well-organized and timely manner.
- Receive all incoming addressed to the General Manager Office.
- Placing and screening calls and answering queries.
- Arrange appointments and maintain General Manager’s calendar to ensure it is managed efficiently and updated continuously.
- Ensure General Manager is aware of important meetings and sensitive, time-bound information.
- Proactively communicate meeting conflicts to General Manager.
- Tracking and follow-up of open tasks from the General Manager to staff.
- Maintaining regular contacts with General Manager while on she is on overseas missions.
- Handling and maintaining policy, confidential and general management files.
- Maintaining chronological file on all outgoing and incoming correspondences.
- Drafting on the request of the General Manager routine correspondences like: letters, memos, note verbales etc;
- Checking for accuracy and format for all outgoing correspondences before handover for General Manager’s signature.
- Filter and prepare relevant information for communication to different departments/managers/stakeholders.
- Prepare and improve presentation material.
- Prepare monthly claims for the General Manager.
- Participate in the organization and preparation of staff meetings.
- Take minutes for the monthly managerial meetings and staff meeting.
- Create an entry and follow-up on action items decided in the meeting.
- Take care of travel arrangements and hotel booking as early as possible to benefit from low prices.
- Ensure arrangements are done in accordance with General Manager’s travel preferences.
- Prepare and handle expense claims once the business trip is completed.
- Ensure availability of visas and support visa application as necessary.
- Run errands on behalf of General Manager as required.
- Support preparation and execution of office events.
- Candidate must possess at least a degree and a minimum of two years of working experience. Experience working in an Executive Office setting is desirable.
Fluency in English and Malay (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of Mandarin or Tamil is an advantage.
Knowledge of computer applications -in particular, Microsoft applications, such as Excel and Power Point.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Willingness to work on weekends or in the evenings.
Able to work independently, collectively, and in responsible manner.
Attach your latest and most persuasive resume.
Attach an appealing cover letter (tell us why you are the best candidate for this position with your expected salary).
Send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Perks & Benefits
- Commission and bonus
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Central location
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks / Happy hours
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities
- Fitness membership (Yoga Class)