- Install/rebuild new/existing network devices
- Install/maintain and diagnose any network related issues
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on network equipment
- Familiar & able to support server & desktops as well
- Responsible for managing backups, patch management, asset & license maintenance
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- 1st level administering of network switches/routes/etc
- 1st level diagnosis, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary before escalation to senior engineers.
- Accountable for all network related incidents/requests that comes into the ticket queue as well as issues routed by HQ.
- Provide support by setting up and network equipment with workstations and in conference rooms, orientating others on proper use of equipment, and maintaining / prioritizing / resolving daily service requests.
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager
- Conduct preventive and corrective maintenance to enhance network availability and preference
- Provide IT-related training to employees/team-mates related to networking.
- Conduct induction for new hires on IT-related topics
- On-site support for remote sites/offices whenever required.
- Conduct changes, release based on ITIL best practice.
- Track IT issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits (ServiceNow); ensuring requests/incidents are managed timely by playing the role of a queue coordinator.
- Log issues and resolutions in the tracking system and follow up with users to ensure problems were fixed properly. Management escalation for long-standing and critical issues
- Ensure accurate documentation of resolution information in the knowledge management database/SOP. Develop and maintain SOP as well as KB for the issues encountered and shared across teams.
- Keep peers and manager informed of trends, significant problems, and unexpected delays.
- Identify client issues or problems which may require changes to procedures, standards and systems perform other related duties as requested.
- Candidates must possess at least Diploma/Degree in IT
- ITIL Foundation is preferred
- CCNA/Network+ is preferred
- At least 6 year(s) of experience in IT support
- 3-4 year(s) of experience in supporting multi-national and decentralized IT environment specifically in networking area
- Proven work experience as a Network Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar function.
- Excellent communication skill in English.
- Experience leading a small team or have had subordinates would be advantageous
- Windows Server and Desktop (Intermediate Level )
- Firewall, Anti-Virus (Expert Level)
- Routers/Switches/Network Equipments ( Expert Level )
- Problem Solving (Level 4 - Proficient)
- Customer Focus (Level 4 - Proficient)
- Initiative (Level 3 - Competent)
- Communication (Level 4 - Proficient)
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?