- Gather information on hours worked for each employee.
- Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses etc. with assistance of a computer system.
- Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed.
- Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks.
- Administer statements of payment to personnel either electronically or on paper.
- Process taxes and payment of employee benefits.
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors.
- Prepare reports for upper management, finance department etc.
- Proven experience as payroll specialist
- Good understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field.
- Excel in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software (e.g. HR 2000) and databases.
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality.
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail.
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus.
Perks & Benefits
- Commission and bonus
- Central location
- Casual dress code
- Personal leave
- Sabbatical leave
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?