· Comprehend dimensions or tolerances using all types of measuring tools including mics, calipers and dial indicators.
· Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
· Setup and perform basic lathe operations including turning, facing, drilling, boring and threading.
· Setup and perform basic mill operations including milling, drilling, reaming and tapping
· Setup and perform basic surface grinding.
· Calculate speed rates and feeds for various materials.
· Setup vises, 4 jaw chuck, cut soft jaws. Tram in milling head.
· Understand basic tool sharpening.
· Read and make parts from mechanical drawings, blueprints, sketches and samples.
· Hold close tolerances +/- .001".
· Work in a clean, organized and safe manner.
· Work OT as needed.
Skills and specifications:
· Job requires the ability to use all types of measuring tools.
· Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
· Capable of preserving confidential and sensitive information.
· Strong communication skills.
· Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable and fulfilling obligations.
· Flexible team player attitude.