Manages the day-to-day operations of accounts receivables, ensuring that invoices being sent out are correct and dispersed in a timely manner. Follows up on any delinquent accounts. Researches and decides upon credit authorization for incoming customers.
Education and Experience
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Completes accounts receivable period end closing functions and procedures; credit and period end reporting.
- Upholds the policies and procedures outlined in the credit policy.
- Interacts with sales and catering staff for timely credit decisions on incoming customers.
- Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge to Credit Management Issues
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Stays knowledgeable of accounts receivable system.
Leading Credit Management Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Staffs, manages and develops all billing and accounts receivable employees.
- Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Ensures property billings are sent error free and in a timely manner.
- Monitors receivables for timely collections and follows up with appropriate collection correspondence.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Maintains positive working relations with customers and department managers.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Regular team activities
- Medical insurance
- Open culture