The Applications Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Company’s Surface Mounting Equipment in the field.
- Responsible for product penetration/adoption and process setup/optimization at customer facilities and at the factory;
- Support pre and post-sale activities;
- Analyze data on gap analysis and fab profile, and assist in identifying key sales opportunities with relative parties;
- Develop and implement product applications for existing K&S products to provide maximum value to the customers;
- Support projects related to new product introduction, characterization, beta testing and early evaluation tools;
- Manage customer demonstrations, head-to-head (H2H) activities at customer facilities for adoption support;
- Generate best known method documents and other training material and transfer product knowledge to K&S worldwide Field Applications team. Develop and document new applications of supported products, including BKMs to support knowledge management efforts;
- Handle, drive and close local applications process escalations;
- Respond to customer requests and provide high quality support with effective communication;
- Conduct roadmap alignments with Marketing and local customers.
- Bachelor degree (Engineering, Physics, Material Science);
- At least 5 years of relevant applications support experience in a SMT or semiconductor equipment environment;
- Knowledge in SMT process including component (active, passive, odd, connector …) attach , solder paste printing, SPI, AOI, etc. and the Front end assembly processes such as flip chip bond, die attach, etc. is a plus;
- Knowledge of metrology and customer yield enhancement methodologies;
- Strong troubleshooting skills, strong communication skill to discuss and co-work with customers in process setup and improvement;
- Self-driven, yet a strong team player to thrive in a dynamic environment;
- Able to travel extensively in Asia Pacific region.
Perks & Benefits
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave