Main Financial Duties
- To review all spot checks such as cash counts, conducted by the income auditors.
- To review and approve General Cashiers Report ensuring that all receipts are intact and remitted to the bank promptly.
- To check all Petty Cash and Expenses claims/reimbursements
- To review travel agent commissions via World Travel Payment (WTP) program.
- To review all IOUs and liaise with the general cashier to ensure that they are cleared on time.
- To check and monitor the Manual Check record book to ensure that the running sequence is accounted for.
- To ensure that all travel agent commissions payment are on time.
SST & TTX Return
- To check and prepare reconciliation on daily basis
- Submit SST & TTX reconciliation to Finance Manager by 10th of the month
- Submit SST & TTX return to Custom by 15th of the month
- Maintain and record all general ledger accounts
- Ensure that all sub-ledgers under his/her supervision agree with general ledger
- Check and verify all monthly journals prepared by Accounts Clerks
- Prepare monthly journal entries as assigned
- Post all monthly approved journal entries
- Prepare and maintain schedules and analyses for all accounts
- Assist Financial Controller/Finance Manager in all stages of his/her respective areas leading to the preparation and distribution of all monthly financial reports and analyses
- Assist in the preparation of Statutory Surveys and special statistical reports as assigned by Financial Controller/Finance Manager
- Ensure all journals and related financial reports are properly filed for future reference
- Assist and take responsibility in implementing and streamlining the internal control procedures covering all activities of the hotel
- Respond to the queries and provide support details regarding financial statements to Head of Divisions and Departments.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of a detailed Department Operations Manual that reflects policies and procedures, work processes and standards of performance within the Division. Ensures annual review to accurately reflect any changes.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual Finance Business Plan ensuring Divisional Objectives fully address business objectives of the hotel and needs of employees.
- Assists with the preparation and regular update of the Finance Departmental Budget, in close cooperation with the Director of Human Resources ensuring targets are met and costs are effectively controlled.
- Ensure that an efficient and accurate filing system, both manual as well as electronically is maintained at all times
- Keep and safeguard all contracts and financial documents
- Administer and monitor the billings and utilisation of sponsorship fund.
- Administer and monitor the billings and claims for staff incentive for Food and Beverage promotion.
- Prepare schedules for musicians' and guest chefs' salaries in accordance to the Musician Contracts for payment and submission to the local tax authority (Form IR53).
- To verify Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FFandE) movements and check the historical cost for all items to be written off.
- To check and record all purchase requests on FFandE against the budget.
- To prepare and submit the monthly FFandE schedule, together with the support details, to the Owning Company.
- To verify and sight all Operating Equipment (OE) breakage and condemned linen.
- To check and record all purchase requests on OE against the budget.
- To prepare and submit the monthly OE schedule, together with the support details, to the Owning Company.
- To organise the semi-annual OE inventory taking and to prepare the OE Report and Comparison accurately and on time.
- To prepare Special Projects and Major R&M schedules and ensure all entries and adjustments are properly done.
- To relieve the General Cashier duties, as and when required.
Payroll and Productivity Management
- Focus attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment
- Ensure new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system
- Attends and contributes to all Meetings as required
- Provide a courteous and professional service at all times
- Handle guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
- Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations, understanding and strictly adhering to rules and regulations established in the Employee handbook and the hotels policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety
- Fully support the Departmental Training Function and attend hotel training sessions as scheduled
- Ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming
- Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Exercise responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel and GHM
- Respond to requests to undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties and to changes as dictated by the hotel, industry and company