- Review drawings and specifications of a particular product and plan the production process, including where and how to cut the workpiece, the correct tools, and materials for the job and the sequence of steps to follow in the production of the product.
- Problem solves and makes decisions on ways to decrease cycle times and efficiency of setups.
- Supervises all assigned operations according to established manufacturing specifications within production schedules cooperating with other departments to assure proper product flow.
- Keeps proper authorities notified of issues concerning production, schedules, quality or scrap problems.
- Safeguards all company property and sees that all tools and equipment are in good operating condition and maintains work areas in a neat, orderly and safe manner.
- Responsible for Production Team performance (CNC, Milling, Grinding & etc.)
- Sets-up and runs production jobs occasionally.
- Assists operators with set up and machining instructions.
- Trains new employees on machining practices and safe working procedures.
- Gathers, computes, records, and compiles data for production, quality, maintenance reports.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of the product.
- Performs other duties as required by management.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a Supervisor in a CNC production environment.
- Setup and operation ability of CNC Mills Lathes and other machines. Programming and troubleshooting experience. Working knowledge of Master Cam.
- Detail-oriented, knowledge of shop math, machining, computers, communication, quality, safety, and team/independent working.
- The willingness to take on new skills and constantly trying to improve skills and abilities; positive attitude, people skills, organizational and communication skills, time management and supervisory experience or equivalent.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?