- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales.
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients.
- Cook food in a timely manner.
- Distribute tasks to kitchen staff.
- Inform wait staff about daily specials.
- Ensure appealing plate presentation.
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed.
- Slightly alter recipes to meet customers' needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy).
- Maintain food stock and place orders.
- Inspect freshness of food and discard out-of-date items.
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area.
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook.
- Good knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks.
- Solid time management abilities.
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes.
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations.
- Possess at least Culinary School Diploma.
Perks & Benefits
- Annual Leave & Public Holidays
- Medical insurance
- Staff meal
- Hostel Provided
- Career Advancement
- Personal development opportunities