We are seeking a personable waiter or waitress to join our team. In this position, you will create an intimate and high-quality dining experience for guests. You will answer customers’ questions, assist them with their choices, take their orders, and deliver their meals with a smile. We are looking for a candidate who is warm, and calm under pressure, and who knows how to be a team player, and work with urgency throughout the shift.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies).
- Setup tables by setting up silverware, and glasses.
- Inform customers about the day's specials.
- Offer menu recommendations upon request.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization.
- Identify customers' IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff.
- Serve food and drink orders.
- Inspect dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments.
- Carry dirty plates, glasses, and silverware to the kitchen for cleaning.
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties).
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Minimum SPM/O level or equivalent.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening and effective communication skills.
- Strong team spirit.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance
- Shift allowance
- Staff Meal
- Yearly bonus
- Birthday rewards
- Hostel [Optional]
- Personal development opportunities
- Personal leave [AL & PH]