- Identify and measure potential safety hazards in the workplace (Risk assessment)
- Recommend or design appropriate loss prevention methods/safety devices.
- Assess probability of harm and investigate industrial accidents
- Develop procedures and designs to reduce the risk of illness, injury, or damage.
- Work with related department to ensure new process do not cause safety issue to worker.
- Coordinate safety programs, conduct safety meeting & audit for Penang & Malacca plant
- Best safety practices sharing with sister plant (MKZ,HLP & MTS) teams
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and contractors for Penang & Malacca plant
- Extensive key contractors safety assessment
- Supporting the development of OHS programs
- Advising and instructing on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Assist in Monitoring and measurement for environmental management system (Air monitoring, storm water management, etc)
- Assist QMS manager on other environmental management system
- Professional Certificate/Diploma Advanced/ Higher/ Graduate Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety & Health
- 1-2 years working experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of regulations related to occupational safety, health & environment
- Familiar with Malaysia HSE Legal requirement & EHS procedures in manufacturing environment
- Required skills :Problem solving, project management, strong communication and innovative
- Ability to drive change, promote teamwork, build trust & respect
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
Perks & Benefits
- Casual dress code
- Medical insurance
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?