- The Cloud Solution Development Engineer is a member of the Open Telekom Cloud team, a global team of highly qualified/expert Engineers in cloud technologies including all of Storage, Server and systems management in partnership with Huawei.
- Cloud Solution Development Engineer is accountable for the global technical engineering, based on global reference architecture and reference designs. This includes designing, building and maintaining the cloud standards for use in all OTC delivery teams.
- Cloud Solution Development Engineer is also responsible for third level operational support, providing key expertise during incident resolution after escalation by the operations team, problem management en change/release management.
- Cloud Solution Development Engineer) plays a key role as technical consultants and subject matter experts during customer related projects for on-boarding, transformation and bid proposal.
- Responsible for Execution of global ITO platform strategy at regional/local level. In charge of technical roadmap implementation, product life cycle management expansion, feature changes and profitability of cloud platforms within GAA region.
- Accountable for the global cloud technical engineering standards and product portfolio, based on global reference architecture and reference designs. This includes designing, building and maintaining the cloud standards and solutions for use in Germany and the rest of the International location.
- Responsible for third level operational support, providing key expertise during incident resolution after escalation by the operations team, problem management en change/release management. Work with partners (eg. Huawei) to troubleshoot major incidents and implement new features
- Play a key role as technical consultants and subject matter experts during customer related projects for on-boarding, transformation and bid proposal.
- Establishment of Agile toolset for feature release management within the cloud product
- Define and build partner ecosystem. Lead the development, maintenance and ever greening of designs per each area of technology. Be the global owner of one or more technical topics within OTC Engineering
- Perform the technical proof of Concept (POC) or partner evaluations on cloud environment and integrate them into production.
- Actively support the delivery organization in the event of critical situations and with structural issues in the infrastructure.
- Lead and contribute to all cloud Technology Standards and building blocks according to the company document management standards.
- Lead in technology design and product Steering Groups to police and control standards effectively.
- Comprehensive framework design for workflows & procedures for cloud platform management include interfaces to the involved parties.
- Continuous monitoring and improvement of basic ITIL operation processes and procedures (Eg. Incident, change, problem, event management, capacity management, etc..)
- Support effective negotiation, procurement and selection criteria of technology according to the company guidelines.
- Contribute to the preparation of business cases for capital investment and proof of concepts or complex programs.
- Support monitoring of supplier’s products and services and make recommendation to reduce costs as necessary
- Contribute to an effective communications plan for all associated stakeholders
- Lead a global/cross-functional project team in support of technical activities.
- Coach engineering and operations colleagues on key Cloud Technologies Standards and building blocks.
- To be able to work in a complex environment which involves multiple teams located in different geographical dispersed stakeholders;
- Able to work effectively with partners (eg. Huawei);
- Always updated with practical knowledge on cloud Devstack: Nova, Swift, Cinder, Glance, Neutron, Horizon, Ceilometer & Heat;
- The post holder will require a breadth and depth of technical expertise across a diverse area of technology. The engineer will support the choice of technical solutions and is able to assist in adding business value, reducing operational cost and improved service levels;
- The post holder requires an understanding of all major hardware and layered products and related methods, processes and practices.
- Must have knowledge at a logical level in a broad area of infrastructure technologies, including :-
- Excellent knowledge (3 years+) of DevStack, and Openstack technology, both with operationally and solution development/architecture perspective
- Practical (Openstack) experience with global operations based on enterprise grade systems management infrastructure,
- Awareness of Service & Enterprise Architecture
- Practical knowledge on cloud Devstack. Nova, Swift, Cinder, Glance, Neutron, Horizon, Ceilometer & Heat.
- Practical Experience with ITIL processes
- More than 5 years experience in various areas of IT in developing and bringing up the success to operation development team.
- DevStack and Openstack architecture and technique
- Business Development & Sales.
- Customer Care & Service.
- Data Networks Technologies
- Storage Area Networks technologies
- Unix System Technologies
- Clustering architectures and techniques
- Replication architectures and techniques
- Virtualisation Technologies and Techniques
- Mainframe Technologies
- Databases Technologies
- Windows Server Technologies
- Information Technology.
- Training & Development.
- Finance & Administration.
- Application technology exposure will be considered e.g. ERP/CRM/Correspondence/Workflow, billing.
- Desktop Technologies
- Collaboration tools
- Network Area Storage Technologies
- WAN /LAN Skills.
Other skills (Required):
- In depth and recent experience in broad area of Information Technology
- In depth and recent experience in working in an architecture / design practice covering OpenStack, DevStack, Data Centre Services, Open Systems, Storage, Desktop, systems management, across a multi-customer organisation.
- The role requires an individual who is self-motivated and able to work independently and autonomously.
- Good communication, influencing, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work across various cultures and across organizations and company boundaries;
- This role requires the ability to lead people in small project structures, identify goals to be pursued, and to influence others towards these same goals.
- Awareness of business structures, drivers, influences and have knowledge of political and financial challenges of a large International group.
- Good presentation skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Both a self-starter and team player, who can work without direct supervision;
- Creative thinker, ability to see the bigger picture in a pragmatic, sensible way;
- Good analytical skills, ability to make concise, well documented decisions, in agreement with the strategy and vision of the team;
- Continuous communication and discussion with team members in bringing all to the right information and delivering the same result;
- Good general business awareness;
- Ability to present solution designs to customers and colleagues.