As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you are expected to be:
- familiar with technical reports and paper writing.
- able to write and communicate well in email.
- good in project tracking and management.
- ability to face new challenges.
- willingness to learn new skills.
Your duties will include:-
- Develop and design projects as per customer specifications and requirements.
- Perform design concept, detail drawings, assembly drawings and Built of Material (BOM).
- Provide technical back-up to Design Engineers and engineering HOD.
- Complete design projects on time manner with sense of urgency to meet customer and delivery expectation.
- Support operations and sales department on technical matters if required.
- Responsible in new development projects and First of Kind (FOK) developments.
- Responsible in develop standard design library or drawing templates.
- Work closely with manufacturing team for continuous improvement in design and processes.
- Support the design team on tight schedules by extra working hours.
- Responsible on product testing, validation, Design of Experiments (DOE), Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), Work Instruction (WI), report writing and etc.
- Responsible to assemble the design prototype and provide training to relevant parties involved.
- Provide technical support at customer’s premise as when required.
- Assist in other engineering related documentation/administration.
The Successful Applicant:-
- Min 1-2 years work experience in semi-conductor industry.
- Excellent in communication skills in English.
- Innovative thinking person.
- Able to work independently, well-organised and able to adhere to deadlines.
- Proactive, resourceful and responsible.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineer or any equivalent.
- This job allows you to develop your innovative potential and opportunity to develop patentable new products.
- Starting salary package ranges from RM3,000 to RM4,000.
Perks & Benefits
- Commission and bonus
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Regular team activities
- Company trips
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities