a) To plan, manage and supervise the Group Finance Department
b) To engage in the intercompany coordination for data collation and reports for month-end closing
c) To coordinate and manage overall financial planning and analysis, financial reporting, consolidation of accounts, budgeting and cash flow forecasting
d) To prepare financial reporting, notes of accounts and other management reports
e) Ensure the sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investments requirement
f) To prepare the financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, cost reduction and reviewing operational performance
g) To assist and prepare any task required by the Head of Admin & Finance
Finance & Accounting
·Ensure accurate and proper recording and treatment of all transactions with adherence to the accounting standards and policies
·Ensure statutory compliance and timely reporting of financial information to management
·Monitor and ensure all journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets ledger and stock ledger are recorded accurately and promptly
·Review monthly financial report to ensure completeness and accuracy
·Credit control - monitor customers’ payments and debtors ageing list
·Monitor and verify payment to suppliers
·Monitor efficient cash management & banking matters
·Group consolidation & financial reporting
·Budget/forecast preparation (believe this would be your job)
·Handle and coordinate year-end audit by external auditor
·Assist in system implementation; and enhancement of work processes
·Inter-company transactions/balances reconciliation
·Manage local tax reporting (review of current tax and deferred tax computation, tax estimates and tax returns submission) to ensure compliance with local statutory requirements
·Liaise with Tax Consultant for any taxation matters & tax audit
·Has direct responsible for leading the finance department team and guiding them to ensure the daily operation and the financial close process, including the pre-close and post close preparation and review of balance sheet accounts reconciliations.
· Responsible for overseeing accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing) and database management.
· Oversee the cash management; manage on going banking relationship for maximum efficiency.
· Work with the internal and external auditors.
· Oversee the continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
· Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models.
· Review and improve internal controls and process flow, and ensure accounting entries are in line with the Malaysian law and regulations, auditors, tax agent and company secretary.
· To develop and monitor key performance indicators to support business analysis, cost margin and profitability analyses.
· Review monthly budgets against actual cost spent and highlight deviations to management for corrective actions. To handle full set of accounts and monthly financial report.
· Maintain an orderly accounting filling system; maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions, tax deductions and tax payments.
· Conduct necessary reviews such as cash flow projections, payment vouchers, cost sheets payroll, balance sheet and related items to ensure smooth running of finance functions.
· Manage Profit & loss report and also involve in GST/SST submission and payment.
· At least have experience in 2 cycle of audit
· Other duties as required.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks / Happy hours
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities